Apartment / Habitational Insurance
If you own a rental property – no matter how big or small – you probably need habitational insurance. This coverage addresses the unique risk exposures of property managers, both habitational and business-related.
Habitational insurance covers situations and costs that aren’t covered in your standard property coverage. In addition, you need this coverage as a landlord or owner. Furthermore, you are responsible not only for the building itself but for the tenants. In addition, any visitors they might have as well as any employees you hire to care for your rental property.
There are a few specific aspects any good habitational insurance policy should include. They are as follows:
- Liability: This part of your policy will pay medical bills and legal fees should a visitor or your tenant become injured on your property.
- Loss of Income: This will replace any loss of income caused by a covered occurrence.
- Breakdown of Equipment: Many policies will include an equipment breakdown element. This protects your rental property’s physical equipment.
- Theft and Vandalism: Although vandalism can be extremely pricey to repair, many landlords do not have it listed as part of their policy. Adding vandalism along with theft can protect your belongings, possessions as well as the building itself from damage or vandalism.
- Storm, Fire and Wind Damage: This type of coverage will protect you if your property is destroyed or damaged by a storm, fire or wind. In addition to this storm coverage, you might also want to consider adding earthquake and/or flood coverage to your policy as well. This is especially true if you live in a high-risk area.
At The Hoylen Agency, we help landlords find comprehensive coverage for their properties, income, and assets with insurance solutions from the state’s leading commercial carriers. We keep your interests front and center, always working to protect your bottom line.
Call The Hoylen Agency today, any of our experienced, knowledgeable agents are ready to talk to you about specific coverage options to meet your needs. Just call (843) 665-2196, or stop by either of our locations.
Get an accurate apartment / habitational insurance quote today.